Tanning Consultant Full Time (4pm-12am M-F)
Location: Edwardsville , IL
Type: Full Time
The Tanning Consultant will be responsible for creating a positive member experience by providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests. Assisting our customers and help ensure they receive a tanning experience specifically tailored to their individual needs by educating customers on the tanning process, the benefits of premium skin care products and the value of our other products and services. Must have previous experience in a tanning salon or tanning related sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet members, prospective members and guests, providing exceptional customer service.
- Handle front desk related activities including:
- Meets and greets each client while anticipating and satisfying their needs.
- Presents a neat, clean and tanned image while on the clock.
- Understands each lotion and up-sells to each client.
- Understands each tanning bed.
- Understands health and safety issues and can clearly convey information to clients.
- Ensures laundry, facility and equipment are kept clean and well maintained at all times.
- Follows bed cleaning schedule and procedures as requested.
- Upholds company's image in all employee, client and general public relations.
- Attends all mandatory Company meetings.
- Assists management to ensure safety and compliance with customer service standards.
- Must be friendly, energetic, and enthusiastic.
- Must be on time and prepared to work as scheduled.
- Customer service, data entry, and sales experience.
- Open availability.
- Passionate about tanning!
- Customer service background preferred.
- Tanning experience is expected.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- A passion for fitness and health.
- Upbeat and positive attitude!
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occassionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.