Who are we looking for?
If you are someone who is passionate, caring, highly motivated to influence others, and looking to develop personally and professionally, then you have found the right place to contribute and grow.
· Planet Fitness is known for a reputation consisting of the Judgement Free Zone (JFZ), raving fans service, a clean and comfortable environment, high quality equipment, and 24/7 access. This reputation has been established through dedicated and passionate professional team members around the world working together to deliver the ultimate experience to our customers and communities.
· The assistant manager in training is a fast-track training program that will expedite your development and career aspiration for leadership and management in the fitness and business realm. Upon a successful 90-day review and demonstration of performance in key assistant management responsibilities, an assistant manager position will be assumed at the location deemed most necessary for the business. All benefits and compensation will begin at that point.
· $17.10 an hour *Wage will start once 90-day assistant management training program is completed. Starting wage is $14.19 an hour during the training program.
· Free Black Card Membership
· Team outings
· Regular performance collaboration, monetary appraisals, and career coaching
· Benefits (Health insurance 100% covered, vision + dental offered) Eligible after 90-day probationary
· Paid Time Off
· Sick Time
Essential Role Functions
PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT | RECRUTMENT | INSTILLING CULTURE | SERVICE | RESULTS | READINESS| HR | ADMINESTRATION & FACILITIES | PHYSICAL EDUCATION @ PLANET FITNESS | TECHNOLOGY
· Development & Training: Focuses on developing and building team member and fitness instructor capabilities to be excellent in their role and for future roles.
· RECRUITMENT & SELECTION: Supports in looking for and identifying the right team members and fitness instructor for the club.
· JUDGEMENT FREE ZONE (JFZ): Learns, embodies, and lives out the Planet Fitness culture. Teaches and helps cultivate the JFZ for the members and within the internal team.
· RAVING FANS SERVICE: Embodies, lives out, and serves the member with the goal of creating loyalty. Teaches and guides the team and fitness instructor to serve the member well.
· ACHIEVING RESULTS: Supports in acquiring new memberships, improving the existing electronic funds transferred (EFT), and working to identify new ways to capitalize on bringing in new EFT or spends from existing members.
· CLUB READINESS: Actively participates in keeping the club clean daily but also provides direction and prioritizes specific club readiness areas to ensure the club is always clean and ready for business.
· HUMAN RESOUCES: Assists in looking over the company HR management system to ensure management of the team member’s records, compensation, reviews, etc are current and accurate.
· ADMINISTRATION & FACILITIES: Helps in overseeing and managing the appearance, safety, and useability of the facilities, equipment, and amenities. Supports in club communications, inventory, & ordering.
· FITNESS INSTRUCTOR OVERSITE: Participates in guiding, supporting, and helping the fitness instructor develop a strong membership following. Actively helps the fitness instructor implement new PE@PF material, technology, etc into the club.
· TECHNOLOGICAL APTITUDE: Operate IPAD/Tablet, Microsoft Office, point of sale system, and Member Management System. Understand and demonstrate proficiency with online media such as websites, mobile apps, and social media hosting sites.
EDUCATION | COMMITMENT TO ONGOING LEARNING | STRONG WORK-ETHIC
· LEADERSHIP: Desires to serve, build relationships, and grow the brand to be impactful
· EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalent
· ONGOING LEARNING: Desire to get involved, inquisitive, actively and creatively works to better themselves.
· WORK-ETHIC: Self-motivated, detail oriented, reliably executes on deliverables/tasks.
What’s in it for you?
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
· Be a part of a team where our customer mission is:
o Provide a workout experience that is Judgment Free, deliver “raving fans service”, ensure our facility is clean and well cared for, and provide state of the art equipment for every one of our customers.
· Be a part of a team where our vision is:
o Become world-class at developing our judgment free zone environment so to inspire others to physically change their lives for the better.
· Be a part of a team where our people development values and philosophy are:
o Learners for life, people before profits, be exceptional, everyone has something special to contribute, and you are in control of your career ambitions.
· We develop and promote from within!
· No former leadership experience? NO PROBLEM! We excel at identifying raw talent, harboring an environment for leadership growth and opportunity, and providing foundational development education and mentorship for new people leaders just starting out on their leadership journey.
· Already have leadership experience? GREAT! WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM!