About the job
The PF Management Group Executive team is searching for a Senior Accountant. At PF Management Group, we are proud to be one of the first Planet Fitness franchisees in the system, currently with 10 clubs in the Great Plains region of the United States and 5 clubs in the country of Panama (and growing!).
At Planet Fitness, our mission has always been to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, judgement free environment. Our Planet Fitness team is comprised of dynamic, dedicated, and talented individuals who represent our values of integrity, transparency, passion, respect, and excellence (while having fun!) in everything they do.
The Senior Accountant will be a key member of the Finance team. This position’s primary role will be owning and reviewing several areas of the monthly financial close and account reconciliation processes and working as a liaison between the various functions within operations, planning/ treasury, and accounting. Working both independently and in a team environment, a successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of general accounting principles and internal controls. This role requires applying strong analytical skills, judgement, attention to detail, and creativity to effectively solve problems and prepare various internal and external financial reports/ data. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner helps ensure that PF Management Group’s finances are accurate and complies with internal and external financial reporting requirements.
In This Role You Will
· Prepare, maintain, and review bi-monthly A/P summaries for cash payment requirements.
· Manage data entry, operating schedules for accounting and cash payment requirements.
· Prepare and review balance sheet and income statement reconciliations and other general ledger related tasks, providing flux commentary where applicable.
· Own the monthly revenue recognition and recording process, generating, and reviewing related journal entries.
· Prepare monthly internal financial reporting package for executive team.
· Be a key liaison with external auditors, assisting in preparing financial analyses and schedules necessary for review.
· Ensure compliance with recurring tax filings and payments (e.g., sales & use; tanning tax, etc.).
· Assist in finding and implementing process efficiencies (e.g., month-end close software; bank reconciliation automation) and standardizing practices and procedures.
· Perform ad-hoc analysis and other job-related duties as assigned.
· Train and oversee activities of the other members of accounting team.
· 4+ years’ experience in accounting or equivalent.
· Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration.
· Bilingual in English/Spanish is required.
· Valid passport required.
· Knowledge of working in Quickbooks; 2+ years’ experience.
· Strong understanding of general accounting principles.
· High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality.
· Ability to work both independently and in team environment and meet deadlines.
· Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Proficient PC abilities, including advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.