Who we are
PF is the brand of choice in the health and fitness industry, with a mission statement of providing a clean, affordable and non-intimidating gym environment for everyone. PF Northwest owners are a couple that opened their first franchise location in April 2011 in Vancouver, WA. Since then have expanded to 10 locations across OR and WA with an ambitious scheduled development plan over the next five years.
At PF Northwest, we pride ourselves on building an atmosphere of positivity, inclusivity in our business, Our company culture is shaped around equity, hard work and trust. As we believe growth comes from service excellence, our company is focused on training and developing our talents to deliver the best experience to our members. It’s a place for motivated team members, who possess a passion for sports and service to grow their professional capabilities.
About this role
As a Team Member you will be responsible for maintaining two key components of the brand:
1) Friendliness: We create a positive Member experience by providing world-class customer service to PF Members, Guests, and Prospects.
2) Cleanliness: We hold ourselves to the highest standard of cleanliness, and our Members do as well! We focus on everything from the High-Impact Areas (Front Desk, BCM Spa, Locker Rooms), to the baseboards, to underneath the treadmills. It is quite simply a prerequisite for a successful club, and it is fully expected that anyone and everyone on the team cleans on a consistent basis.
Why you should join Planet Fitness!
You want to contribute in building an atmosphere of positivity, inclusivity, and you value a culture of equity, hard work, recognition, respect and trust. Join an inclusive and casual team environment with co-workers who like you will help make us all great.
Work-out for free and enjoy the Black Card amenities
Generous PTO plan
Build a career through advancement opportunities.
What you'll do
- Follow the 10/5 Rule: Intentionally acknowledge anyone within 5 feet whether they're coming in/leaving the Club, out on the floor, or up at the Front Desk.
- Conduct accurate Tours and Info. Calls for Prospects through memorization of specific scripts.
- Handle all Front Desk activities including:
-Personalized check-ins for every Member, Guest, and Prospect.
-Address security issues with check-ins (such as no photo on file) and overdue balances.
-Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist with a variety of questions.
-Take Prospects and Guests on tours, educate on membership options, and get them signed up.
-Facilitate updates to Member accounts, such as updating billing information or rewriting an agreement.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
- Operate tanning booths and other amenities for Black Card Members.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of all aspects of the club.
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding Member expectations.
- Customer service background preferred.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- A passion for fitness and health.
- Upbeat and positive attitude!
- Current CPR/AED Certification preferred.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will encounter cleaning agents during shift.