The Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting in the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience as well as a financially successful club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and developing a high performing staff consisting of Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensuring staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Assist with Staff Management and provide backup support to Club Manager as needed.
- Assist in scheduling and supervising staff.
- Member service oversight - Ensuring staff is providing a superior customer experience at all times.
- Assist in resolving or escalating employee issues or concerns.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Assist in overseeing cleanliness and maintenance of facility.
- Assist in ordering of supplies using specific budget based on club requirements.
- Assist in tracking statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, and annually).
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Must have a satisfactory background check
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Experience working as an Assistant Manager at Planet Fitness.
- Exceptional leadership, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC offers a comprehensive benefits program to all eligible employees. Newly hired full-time employees are eligible for insurance first of the month following their date of hire. We offer Medical & Prescription drug plans, HSA (Health Savings Account) Dental, Vison, Life/AD&D, Voluntary Short Term Disability (STD), Voluntary Long Term Disability (LTD), and other additional voluntary benefits! All part-time and full-time employees are eligible to participate in our 401k plan after 3 months of service.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in all employment practices and decisions, ensuring equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical, or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. This applies to both Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC employees and applicants for employment with the Company. In keeping with this policy, Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as all employment actions, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, promotions, compensation, training, benefits, and termination of employment.
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.