Title: Fitness Trainer
Reports to: Club Manager
If you would love working for a rapidly growing company that changes people’s lives for the better every day, helps them live healthier, doesn’t judge anyone, and supports their communities and the Boys and Girls Club (because they don’t judge either), then this may be your dream job! United FP believes that everyone is a leader. We define leadership as influence, which is independent of hierarchy and can be used positively regardless of the situation.
What’s your role?
As the Fitness Trainer you are a high energy, positive member of the team who will help our members achieve their fitness goals and build their confidence in using the equipment properly. You will run the Planet Fitness group fitness program PE@PF in addition to designing simple workout programs. You will create “raving fans” by delivering 1% customer service, continually engaging and encouraging our members to succeed on their fitness journey.
Some of your primary responsibilities:
- You will ensure our equipment is maintained and handle minor repairs.
- You will ensure our club is super clean because members value this and we’re known for that too!
- Finding new and current members to join you in fitness classes.
- You will help the entire team at the front desk welcoming and checking in our members. Assist with tours, member enrollment, and other club responsibilities.
- Be a leader! Be passionate – love what you do! Have fun and invite members to do the same!
A few other things we want you to know:
- Your schedule will vary. Shift could involve any of our hours of operation, including weekends and holidays.
- United FP offers competitive salaries, PF Black Card membership and opportunities for growth.
We would love to hear from people with:
- Birthdate that confirms you are a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Passion for helping others.
- Nationally Certified Training Certification.
- Fitness equipment knowledge and able to physically demonstrate use of each piece.
- Understanding the physical demands may involve but are not limited to, communicating, standing, walking, stooping, lifting up to 50lbs, reaching, climbing, balancing, kneeling and handling potentially hazardous chemicals.
- On-time dependability because you know people are counting on you.
- English language; ability to speak, understand, read and write. Bilingual - Spanish helpful.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
About United FP Management, LLC
United FP Management, LLC (“UFP") is the largest developer and operator of fitness clubs under the Planet Fitness brand. United FP operates in the High Value Low Price (HVLP) segment of the fitness market and serves 1.1 million members across 192 clubs. UFP is diversely positioned across 14 states – Arizona (44 clubs) and Texas (30 clubs) represent its two largest markets – and multiple market types ranging from urban metro to small markets. The Company was formed in 2016 via the merger of five Planet Fitness franchisee platforms and has grown through consistent organic site development and four additional tuck-in acquisitions. United FP is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
United FP Management, LLC is owned by American Securities, a leading U.S. private equity firm that invests in market- leading North American companies with annual revenues generally ranging from $200 million to $2 billion and/or $50 million to $200 million of EBITDA. American Securities and its affiliates have approximately $23 billion under management and based in New York with an office in Shanghai.
About Planet Fitness
Founded in 1992 in Dover, NH, Planet Fitness is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States by number of members and locations. As of March 31, 2022, Planet Fitness had more than 16.2 million members and 2,291 stores in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Panama, Mexico and Australia. The Company’s mission is to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we call the Judgement Free Zone®. More than 90% of Planet Fitness stores are owned and operated by independent business men and women.
Note to Applicants: We have been made aware of an increasing number of hiring fraud schemes across numerous platforms. Planet Fitness never requires advance payments of any kind for computer equipment or any other purpose at the start of employment. Any request for you to provide payment information during the application process is part of a fraud scheme. Further, we recommend that you do not provide sensitive personal information (SSN, DOB, driver’s license number) as part of the initial application process.