Required open availability on both weekend days
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet members, prospective members and guests by providing exceptional customer service
- Handle all front desk related activities not limited to:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check ID and Member barcodes into the system
- New member sign-up
- Take prospective members on a tour of the club
- Facilitate needed updates to member’s accounts
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Club Manager as needed
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club
- Assist in monitoring for safety of persons and cleanliness in the club
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize restrooms, locker room areas, fitness equipment and gym floor.
- Stock locker rooms with proper supplies/paper products.
- Report any broken or missing amenities or equipment (Toilets, faucets, showers, hair dryers, gym equipment etc.) to the Club Manager.
- Follow “Lost and Found Policy” and turn in lost member property to the Club Manager/Assistant Club Manager immediately.
- Customer service background preferred
- Basic computer proficiency
- A passion for fitness and health
- Upbeat and positive attitude at all times
- Punctuality and reliability is a must
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language
- High School diploma/GED equivalent preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Continual standing and walking during shift
- Continual talking in person with members and answering incoming membership calls
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Will dilute and clean with chemicals during shift
- Clean and sanitize equipment and often used surfaces in the club
- Monitor club and assist members throughout entirety of shift