The Club Manager will be responsible for the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience as well as a financially successful club. The Club Manager will be accountable for leading a team of employees in a positive, motivating manner with continuous assistance in employee training and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing staff consisting of Assistant Managers, Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensure staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Staff Management
- Schedule staff and ensure all shifts are covered.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for direct reports by training and coaching, ensuring adherence to PF’s values and goals.
- Administration and processing of all weekly/bi-weekly employee payroll.
- Resolve employee issues or concerns.
- Manage disciplinary/termination activities.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Ensure prompt opening/closing of gym.
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of facility including taking responsibility for largest section of cleaning daily.
- Ensure safety of employees, members and club property.
- Determine and communicate equipment repair in a timely manner.
- Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware and trained on all marketing promotions.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds. Make daily bank deposits.
- Prepare all HR related forms and send to Corporate Payroll Team.
- Track statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Experience working as an Assistant Manager at Planet Fitness.
- Exceptional leadership, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
- Employee Recognition Program
- Advancement Opportunities
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.