Planet Fitness prides itself on creating a unique environment where anyone – and we mean anyone – can be comfortable. A diverse, Judgement Free Zone® where a lasting, active lifestyle can be built. This product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold-maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. As we evolve and educate ourselves, we will seek to perfect this safe, energetic environment, where everyone feels accepted and respected.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Assistant Manager will be responsible for oversight of club operations and guaranteeing a positive member experience while ensuring a financially stability of club. This position plays a critical role in managing our team dynamic in an effort to maintain a high-energy atmosphere inside the Judgement Free Zone®.
Customer Service: Communicates and interacts with members (as well as potential members) in a way that exceeds expectations.
Listening: Listen to staff and members. View the situation from everyone's perspective working together to resolve the issue.
Problem Solving: Recognize and define the problem. Provide solutions using all resources available.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides operational support to General Manager through team development and analysis of key business metrics that drive profit.
- Exhibit flexibility with your schedule. This leader must be willing to change schedule if coverage is needed.
- Monitor staff to ensure each employee is providing “ 1 service”. Seek out opportunities to assist staff with areas of difficulty or concern.
- Greet members & facilitate club tours at the highest level, to drive business and lead by example.
- Be responsible for a timely, professional and solution oriented response to member service submissions.
- Ensure proper opening and closing of the club.
- Be accountable for your team’s knowledge of critical information (e.g. - marketing promotions, corporate initiatives or new policy)
- Assist manager with scheduling to meet hours determined by payroll grid
- Clean gym and equipment daily. Teach your team how to properly check the facility and clean their assigned area to ensure highest level inspection!
- Take pride in the appearance of your gym. Work with staff to have them also believe that this is a representation of your team. That is how we achieve optimal results!
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Some Bending, kneeling, twisting, or reaching required
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull at least 50 pounds
Compensation: $40,000 annual salary + $4,000 performance bonus
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
About Flynn Fitness Group LLC
As the most innovative health club brand in the United States, Planet Fitness is known for a lot of things – our absurdly low prices, our Lunk Alarm™, and most of all perhaps, for our Judgement Free Zone® philosophy, which means members can relax, get in shape, and have fun without being subjected to the hard-core, look-at-me attitude that exists in too many gyms.
Planet Fitness is a franchise of fitness centers. The particular Planet Fitness health clubs to which this position supports, located in Massachusetts and Georgia, are independently owned and operated by Flynn Fitness Group. As an independent franchise we have built our company by staying true to our core values. Those values include: Customer Centric Mindset, Gratitude, Integrity, Perseverance, Loyalty and Family.
Flynn Fitness mission statement: To improve people’s lives by delivering a consistent, affordable, health & wellness experience in a judgement free environment.
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.