THE PLANET FITNESS MISSION
We at Planet Fitness are here to provide a unique environment in which anyone, and we mean anyone, can be comfortable in a diverse, judgment free zone where a lasting, active lifestyle is built. Our product is a tool. A means to an end. Not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. In the end, it’s all about you. As we evolve and educate ourselves, we will seek to perfect this safe, energetic environment, where everyone feels accepted and respected. We are not here to kiss your butt, only to kick it if that’s what you need. We need you, because face it, our planet wouldn’t be the same without you. You belong!
Title: Member Services Representative
Reports to: Club Manager
Look no further if you like to have fun, positively impact people, and grow your leadership skills in the coolest place on the planet. Your opportunity has arrived! United FP is dynamic, growing and continually evolving. If you thrive in a changing environment and have a passion for people, then United FP may be the place for you. A role with United FP is an opportunity to be a part of something special. If you would love working for a rapidly growing company that changes people’s lives for the better each and every day, helps them live healthier, doesn’t judge anyone, and supports their communities and the Boys and Girls club, then this may be your dream job!
What You'll Be Doing
As a Member Services Representative you are a high energy, positive member of the team providing members with an unprecedented experience and encouraging them in achieving their fitness goals. You will make them feel like family in a clean, judgment-free environment. You will create “raving fans” by delivering +1% customer service, continually engaging and encouraging our members to succeed on their fitness journey.
- You will ensure our club is super clean because our members value this and we’re known for that too.
- Finding new and current members to join the fitness trainer in fitness classes.
- You’ll impress new and existing members when you introduce them to our Black Card amenities. They’re going to want these benefits!
- You will help the entire team at the welcome desk checking in our members while providing
greetings and farewells to them. Assist with fun energetic, non-high-pressure tours, as well as member enrollment, and other club responsibilities.
- Be a leader! Be passionate – love what you do! Have fun and invite members to do the same!
- Your schedule will vary. Shift could involve any of our hours of operation, including weekends and holidays.
- United FP offers competitive salaries, PF Black Card membership and opportunities for growth.
What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Birthdate that confirms you are a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Passion for helping others.
- Understanding the physical demands may involve but are not limited to, communicating, standing, walking, bending, lifting up to 50lbs, reaching, climbing, balancing, kneeling and handling potentially hazardous chemicals.
- On-time dependability because you know people are counting on you.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to occasionally lift, push, or pull at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, bend, balance, stoop, kneel, twisting, or crouch.
About United FP Management, LLC
United FP Management, LLC (“UFP") is the largest developer and operator of fitness clubs under the Planet Fitness brand. United FP operates in the High Value Low Price (HVLP) segment of the fitness market and serves 1.1 million members across 192 clubs. UFP is diversely positioned across 14 states – Arizona (44 clubs) and Texas (30 clubs) represent its two largest markets – and multiple market types ranging from urban metro to small markets. The Company was formed in 2016 via the merger of five Planet Fitness franchisee platforms and has grown through consistent organic site development and four additional tuck-in acquisitions. United FP is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
United FP Management, LLC is owned by American Securities, a leading U.S. private equity firm that invests in market- leading North American companies with annual revenues generally ranging from $200 million to $2 billion and/or $50 million to $200 million of EBITDA. American Securities and its affiliates have approximately $23 billion under management and based in New York with an office in Shanghai.
About Planet Fitness
Founded in 1992 in Dover, NH, Planet Fitness is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States by number of members and locations. As of March 31, 2022, Planet Fitness had more than 16.2 million members and 2,291 stores in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Panama, Mexico and Australia. The Company’s mission is to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we call the Judgement Free Zone®. More than 90% of Planet Fitness stores are owned and operated by independent business men and women.
Note to Applicants: We have been made aware of an increasing number of hiring fraud schemes across numerous platforms. Planet Fitness never requires advance payments of any kind for computer equipment or any other purpose at the start of employment. Any request for you to provide payment information during the application process is part of a fraud scheme. Further, we recommend that you do not provide sensitive personal information (SSN, DOB, driver’s license number) as part of the initial application process.