Job Title: Team Lead
Reports to: Club Manager
Status: Full Time / Non-Exempt
Responsible for assisting in the oversight of gym operations to ensure positive member experience and financially successful club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in member service oversight making sure all staff are always providing great customer experience.
- Very involved in all front desk related tasks
- Greet/meet potential members and provide gym tour
- Assist to facilitate member service issues and questions.
- Provide backup support to Club Manager as needed.
- Assist overseeing cleanliness and appearance of gym
- Assist in managing marketing efforts. Making sure staff is aware and trained on all current marketing promotions.
- Assist in ordering supplies, keeping inventory and tracking reports as needed.
Essential Behavior Requirements
Customer Service: communicates and interacts with customers (includes coworkers and the public) in a way that exceeds the customer’s wants and needs.
Listening: actively listens to customers (includes coworkers and the public) empathizes (sees the situation from the customer’s perspective) and works together to solve the problem.
Problem Solving: recognizes and defines problems; analyzes relevant information; encourages alternative solutions and plans to resolve situations; seeks additional assistance when needed.
Diplomacy: demonstrates tact and skill in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Basic computer proficiency
- Standing and walking at least 75% of the shift
- Talking in person or on the phone at least 75% of the shift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs less than 30% of the time
- Employee Recognition Program
- Advancement Opportunities: The Team Lead position is a developmental position in our manager pipeline. It is the first step along our progressive, Purple Path, to becoming a Club Manager. Team Leads learn the Planet Fitness culture and experience, while simultaneously building their leadership and development skills. Team Leads who successfully complete the Team Lead program, would then move onto Manager in Training and if successful, a Club Manager position.
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.