Overnight Staff Member
Location: Woodridge, IL
Type: Full Time
The Overnight Staff Member (Member Services Representative) will be responsible for creating a positive member experience by providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests. The Overnight Staff will be responsible for creating a positive member experience by providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests. You will also be responsible for closing that day’s shift for that business day as well as creating an accurate bank deposit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet members, prospective members and guests, providing exceptional customer service.
- Handle all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate needed updates to member’s accounts.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club.
- Heavy emplasis will be placed on cleaning all areas of the facility, equipment and bathrooms to prepare the facility for the following days guests.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize restrooms, locker room areas, fitness equipment and gym floor.
- Stock locker rooms with proper supplies/paper products.
- Report any broken or missing amenities or equipment (Toilets, faucets, showers, hair dryers, gym equipment etc.) to the Club Manager.
- Follow “Lost and Found Policy” and turn in lost member property to the Club Manager/Assistant Club Manager immediately.
- Customer service background preferred.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- A passion for fitness and health.
- Upbeat and positive attitude!
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Honesty and exceptional work ethic.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- Must be able to self-motivate and direct oneself in accomplishing all required cleaning tasks for the evening.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Ability to work 3rd shift (overnights).
- Must be able to occassionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.