Facilities, Equipment and Maintenance Service Technician
Location: Livonia, MI
Type: Full Time
We are seeking a Facilities, Equipment and Maintenance Service Technician to join our EPIC team!
- People First
- Customer Mania
To perform all aspects of the Facilities, Equipment and Maintenance Technician position job responsibilities according to Company policies, procedures and standards. Responsible for performing day to day service and maintenance on club equipment and the club facility in a safe and cost efficient manner. Ensures that the work shift contributes to the financial best interests of the Company, through proper and thorough repairs and preventative maintenance on all equipment. Also assists with building and facilities maintenance and/or repairs, as needed. All areas described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. EOE
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Successfully repair out of order equipment as outlined by supervisor and requested by clubs.
- Communicate with club managers to solve and repair equipment and facility complaints or failures.
- Assist other maintenance personal as needed.
- Maintain company vehicle, vehicle inventory, road-worthiness and cleanliness.
- Must have an excellent driving record.
- Two to four years mechanical, plumbing and construction experience preferred.
- Electrical experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to stand, walk and/or sit for 8 or more hour periods.
- The ability to operate equipment safely and correctly.
- Must be able to sit, squat, reach, kneel and bend.
- Must be able to bend at the waist, lay horizontally, climb, walk, etc. as the position requires in order to properly perform job duties, with or without an accommodation.
- Must be able to regularly lift, push and/or move 25 pounds, frequently lift, push and/or move 65 pounds and occasionally lift, push and/or move 100 pounds (w/assistance).
- Must be able to reach and move items above shoulder height.
- The ability to use hands to grasp, finger, handle and/or feel.
- Must be able to climb a ladder and a step ladder.
What we offer:
- Great growth opportunities - we are a dynamic and growing company!
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance benefits.
- Consistent schedules.
- FREE Black Card Membership.
- A generous paid time off policy that is available on your start date and increases along with your tenure!
Planet Fitness, Inc. (NYSE:PLNT), has revolutionized the fitness industry! With more than 1,000 locations in 47 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada, Planet Fitness' mission is to enhance people's lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we call the Judgement Free Zone®.
We’re aggressively expanding and looking for talented individuals to help us conquer Gymtimidation® everywhere!
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.