Who we are
PF is the brand of choice in the health and fitness industry, with a mission statement of providing a clean, affordable and non-intimidating gym environment for everyone. PF Northwest owners are a couple that opened their first franchise location in April 2011 in Vancouver, WA. Since then have expanded to 10 locations across OR and WA with an ambitious scheduled development plan over the next five years.
At PF Northwest, we pride ourselves on building an atmosphere of positivity, inclusivity in our business, Our company culture is shaped around equity, hard work and trust. As we believe growth comes from service excellence, our company is focused on training and developing our talents to deliver the best experience to our members. It’s a place for motivated team members, who possess a passion for sports and service to grow their professional capabilities.
About the role
The Club Manager will be responsible for the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience as well as a financially successful club. The Club Manager will be accountable for leading a team of employees in a positive, motivating manner with continuous assistance in employee training and development.
Why you should join Planet Fitness!
You want to contribute in building an atmosphere of positivity, inclusivity, and you value a culture of equity, hard work, recognition, respect and trust. Join an inclusive and casual team environment with co-workers who like you will help make us all great.
Salary range is $40,000 based upon experience
Free Membership - work-out for free and enjoy the Black Card amenities
Generous PTO, Paid holidays for eligible managers
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Tax free HSA and Flex saving plans, supplement insurance options
Build a career through advancement opportunities.
What you'll do
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing staff consisting of Team Members and an Assistant Manager as ambassadors of the PF culture.
- Oversee and take accountability for the various aspects of club operations and financial performance, including sales activation, staff scheduling, payroll management.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensure staff follows superior customer service guidelines while showing ability in handling difficult situations independently.
- Oversee cleanliness, maintenance and safety of the facility, by organizing and deploying cleaning duties, supply and vendors ordering management.
Who you are
- Leads by example and maintain consistent accountability for direct reports by training, coaching and ensuring adherence to PF’s values and goals.
- Provides clear and direct communication to Team Members, gives feedback and follows-up on execution.
- Has the ability to organize and utilize time management and prioritization skills effectively.
- Superior customer service skills and experience, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Exceptional leadership, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Current CPR/AED Certification preferred.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
This is a full time position. Typical work hours will be Mon-Wed from 9 am to 7 pm, and Thu-Fri from 9 am to 5 pm. Additional weekend or holiday coverage hours may be required.
Compensation: Salary to be discussed, free Black Card Membership, health and supplemental benefits available after 60 days of employment.
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.