Location: Bluefield, WV
Type: Full Time
Title: Fitness Trainer
Reports to: Club Manager
If you would love working for a rapidly growing company that changes people’s lives for the better every day, helps them live healthier, doesn’t judge anyone, and supports their communities and the Boys and Girls Club (because they don’t judge either), then this may be your dream job! United PF believes that everyone is a leader. We define leadership as influence, which is independent of hierarchy and can be used positively regardless of the situation.
What’s your role?
As the Fitness Trainer you are a high energy, positive member of the team who will help our members achieve their fitness goals and build their confidence in using the equipment properly. You will run the Planet Fitness group fitness program PE@PF in addition to designing simple workout programs. You will create “raving fans” by delivering 1% customer service, continually engaging and encouraging our members to succeed on their fitness journey.
Some of your primary responsibilities:
- You will ensure our equipment is maintained and handle minor repairs.
- You will ensure our club is super clean because members value this and we’re known for that too!
- Finding new and current members to join you in fitness classes.
- You will help the entire team at the front desk welcoming and checking in our members. Assist with tours, member enrollment, and other club responsibilities.
- Be a leader! Be passionate – love what you do! Have fun and invite members to do the same!
A few other things we want you to know:
- Your schedule will vary. Shift could involve any of our hours of operation, including weekends and holidays.
- United PF offers competitive salaries, PF Black Card membership and opportunities for growth.
We would love to hear from people with:
- Birthdate that confirms you are a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Passion for helping others.
- Nationally Certified Training Certification.
- Fitness equipment knowledge and able to physically demonstrate use of each piece.
- Understanding the physical demands may involve but are not limited to, communicating, standing, walking, stooping, lifting up to 50lbs, reaching, climbing, balancing, kneeling and handling potentially hazardous chemicals.
- On-time dependability because you know people are counting on you.
- English language; ability to speak, understand, read and write. Bilingual - Spanish helpful.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
If you would like to grow as a leader, make an impact and build relationships in a company where judgement-free is a way of life, apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.