As a Team Member you will be responsible for maintaining two key components of the brand:
1) Friendliness: We create a positive Member experience by providing world-class customer service to PF Members, Guests, and Prospects.
2) Cleanliness: We hold ourselves to the highest standard of cleanliness, and our Members do as well! We focus on everything from the High-Impact Areas (Front Desk, BCM Spa, Locker Rooms), to the baseboards, to underneath the treadmills. It is quite simply a prerequisite for a successful club, and it is fully expected that anyone and everyone on the team cleans on a consistent basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the 10/5 Rule: Intentionally acknowledge anyone within 5 feet whether they're coming in/leaving the Club, out on the floor, or up at the Front Desk.
- Conduct accurate Tours and Info. Calls for Prospects through memorization of specific scripts.
- Handle all Front Desk activities including:
-Personalized check-ins for every Member, Guest, and Prospect.
-Address security issues with check-ins (such as no photo on file) and overdue balances.
-Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist with a variety of questions.
-Take Prospects and Guests on tours, educate on membership options, and get them signed up.
-Facilitate updates to Member accounts, such as updating billing information or rewriting an agreement.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
- Operate tanning booths and other amenities for Black Card Members.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of all aspects of the club.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Customer service background preferred.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- A passion for servant leadership.
- Upbeat and positive attitude!
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding Member expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.