Construction Project Manager
Location: Salem, NH
Type: Full Time
The Construction Project Manager will manage the construction of new clubs, remodels, special projects and initiatives. This position takes direction from the Director of Construction, ensuring that quality standards are maintained, budgets are met and schedules achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage projects and schedules of the various phases appropriately to ensure required opening dates and completion dates are achieved to meet business plans.
- Manage process of architectural/engineering documentation for each location from concept plan through store opening, ensuring budget, schedule and operational needs are met and all relevant construction details are conveyed.
- Manage all aspects of a store’s construction process with parties including contractors, vendors, in-house and field personnel to ensure a smooth and on-time opening.
- Execute in alignment with established construction management systems and procedures to meet schedules, budgets and ensure prudent use of capital expenditures.
- Responsible for driving sales revenues by aggressively meeting store opening dates.
- Follow a formal construction bid review process for approval by the Director of Construction that includes recommendation of qualified bidders, preparation of standardized contracts, bid documents and specified qualifications.
- Adhere to strict project cost control procedures to track actual expenditures and meet budgets.
- Execute project closeout procedures that ensure adherence to contract and landlord requirements for lien waivers; retainage payments, warranties, construction allowances and as-built verification.
- Review job progress during construction for quality and timeliness, perform post-construction recaps to ensure stores are complete and there are no open issues to detract from store function or appearance delivering a quality finished project.
- Other duties as assigned based on business needs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related fields along with three to five years’ minimum experience in big box, fitness clubs or specialty retail store planning/construction.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously of various scope and complexities
- Excellent follow-up skills and drive to meet deadlines
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience managing a large volume of work that includes extensive travel during peak periods throughout the year
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to travel 80% of the time to clubs located across the US and Canada.
- Time management and prioritization of projects
- Experience maintaining budgets
While performing the duties of this job, there will be frequent exposure to a variety of physical conditions including fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, vibration, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals as well as a variety of other extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position may be performed in outside weather conditions as necessary. This job also operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, filling cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This position must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.