Location: Tallahassee, FL
Type: Full Time
The Maintenance Tech will be responsible for maintaining operational equipment, conducting minor building repairs, and ensure an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience as well as a financially successful club. This position includes healthcare, paid time off, and more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in ordering of parts and supplies using specific budget based club requirements.
- Oversee building and equipment repairs, including but not limited to, tanning beds, fitness equipment, as well as preventative maintenance.
- Oversee the tracking and scheduling of needed repairs across several locations using the HIPPO tracking system.
- Assist in training staff on basic equipment / building repairs.
- Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests delivering superior customer service.
- Valid Driver's license in state of residency.
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Basic building maintenance experience.
- Competency with basic hand and power tools.
- Prioritization and adaptability skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Ability to follow safety guidelines regarding chemicals, ladders, power tools, etc.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 year of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 80 lbs.
- Could encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
- Extended periods of time kneeling for repairs.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.