Accepting Resumes for Future Openings:
Location: Dover, DE
Type: Full Time
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- o Customer Service/Front Desk Activities:
- ▪ Greet members and guests, providing exceptional customer service and doing your best to make members feel comfortable and welcomed!
- ▪ Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- ▪ Check members in, tour and sign up new members, log amenities and communicate updates and events to members and guests.
- ▪ Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- ▪ Conduct beverage or merchandise purchases on the point of sale system.
- ▪ Explaining and promoting our unique fitness instruction classes (pe@pf) to our active members and our new members, helping them to keep their workouts new and exciting.
- ▪ Exceeding the minimum required daily statistics.
- ▪ Ability to assess and assist in emergency medical situations.
- ▪ Upholding rules and policies in the facility.
- o Staff Supervision
- ▪ Provide backup support for any employee who is absent.
- ▪ Uphold integrity and security of sensitive company documents.
- ▪ Be a brand ambassador by leading a judgement free lifestyle.
- ▪ Delegate activities and responsibilities throughout shift.
- ▪ Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability.
- ▪ Communicate between staff members any changes or information that is pertinent to their positions.
- o Member Accounts:
- ▪ Utilize POS system to assist with new membership cards, change of address and billing or payment questions.
- ▪ Checking members into fitness classes daily using Datatrak systems.
- ▪ Creating new memberships and guest accounts for members.
- ▪ Uphold integrity and security with member documents and sensitive information at all times.
- o Club Cleanliness and Maintenance:
- ▪ Go above and beyond to keep the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- ▪ Regular facility cleaning and upkeep such as mopping up spills under equipment, trash removal, cleaning windows and mirrors, and re-racking weights.
- ▪ Regular cleaning of all exercise equipment and tanning beds.
- ▪ Regular restroom and wet area cleaning and stocking.
- ▪ Completion of daily and weekly cleaning responsibilities.
- o Miscellaneous
- ▪ Track Key Performance Indicators such as guest counts, cancels, info calls
- ▪ Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware of updates or changes.
- ▪ Assist with inventory counts.
- ▪ Uphold the positive, energetic, upbeat culture of Planet Fitness.
- 6-12 months of Customer Service experience and Management is preferred.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Basic computer proficiency with an eye for accuracy.
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Positive leadership and diplomacy skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
- Frequent climbing, balancing, kneeling and crouching during shift.
Why you should join Planet Fitness!
- Contribute to changing people’s lives every day by helping us create a healthier Planet!
- Work hard and play hard with an amazing group of talented, dynamic professionals!
- Be a brand ambassador for one of the fastest growing fitness organizations in the country.
- The constant opportunity for personal and professional growth in a fun and energetic atmosphere.
- Free Black Card Membership
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.