The Maintenance Tech position will be responsible for many areas of the facility. The major focus will be upkeep of the equipment.
Upkeep of all tanning/ fitness equipment:
- Preventative maintenance
- Tracing wiring issues
- Changing out major and minor components
- Changing lamps in the beds
Upkeep of facilities and all fixtures including:
- Diagnosing minor computer issues
- Any cosmetic work in the facilities
- Minor plumbing
- Electrical work
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Basic knowledge of tools and electricity is a must. Most of what we run into on a daily basis is electricity related.
- Reliable transportation that can transport 6' boxes of lamps is a MUST. This has to be transportation that you can use ALL Day.
- Willingness and Ability to Travel for work.
- MUST have a valid driver’s license and a clean record.
- Superior customer service skills,
- Solid listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 year of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.