Location: Morris Plains, NJ
Type: Full Time
Team member - Trainer
Qualifications, Traits & Responsibilities:
- Pleasant personality
- The ability to explain concepts in terms which members can understand
- The ability to listen
- The desire to be a team player
- The ability to multi-task, Ambition with a proactive work ethic
- Conducting training sessions
- Deep cleaning exercise equipment
- Monitoring & repairing cardio theaters
- Completing all reports required and communication those to team leaders
- Performing all other functions as may be assigned, from time to time, by the Regional Manager and owner.
- Monday: 6am-1pm
- Tuesday: 12pm-7pm
- Wednesday: 1pm-8pm
- Thursday: 12pm-7pm
- Friday: 6am-1pm
- Saturday: 9am-12pm
- Health Care will be offered after a 90-day probation period
- 401K program (after 1-year of service, eligibility required)
- Tenure Bonus of $300.00 for every 12-months of service to the company
- Hired $12.00 per hour
- 3-months Evaluation 1
- 6-months Evaluation 2 $12.25 per hour
- 9-months Evaluation 3
- 12-months Evaluation 4 $12.50 per hour
- 15-months Evaluation 5
- 18-months Evaluation 6 $12.75 per hour
- 21-months Evaluation 7
- 24-months Evaluation 8 $13.00 per hour
- (TM) will receive evaluations every 3-months for the tenure of their employment.
- Free Gym Membership
Certification – Trainer MUST take and pass the ASFA training certification by the end of their first week of training with their respective Senior Trainer. First week of training will be shadowing only. After three months of employment with Planet Fitness, Trainer must provide written proof that they are working towards one of our approved nationally accredited certifications listed below.
ACE, NASM, NCSF, ISSA. NSCA, ACSM
Trainer must have one of the above nationally accredited certifications by their six-month mark of being employed with Planet Fitness. Upon receiving one these certifications, the Trainer will receive a $1.00/hr. raise.
All costs associated with achieving the certification are the sole responsibility of the Trainer. If written proof of an acceptable certification is not presented to management with-in 90-days of hire and is not completed with-in 180-days of hire, employment will be terminated.
*½ of the cost of the nationally accredited certification (up to $250.00) will be refunded to the FT after 1-year of service with good evaluations. FT must provide proof of payment for the certification to receive a refund
- Trainers receive 5-PTO days per calendar year
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.