Field Operations Director
Location: Livonia, MI
Type: Full Time
Are you looking for a great opportunity with a growing, world-class organization? Want to work in a friendly, judgement-free work environment?
PF Michigan Group is looking for a highly motivated and knowledgeable Director of Field Operations to join our team. As one of the largest and fastest growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the U.S., Planet Fitness has secured the number one position on the Franchise Times "Fast & Serious" list, which ranks the smartest-growing franchise brands that have staying power.
This position, reporting to the Vice President of Operations, will be responsible for leading a team of up to ten regional managers in the operation of 45 Planet Fitness locations throughout Michigan and Ohio.
This individual will be expected to complete daily site visits and serve as the strategic and tactical liaison between the corporate office and the field. The Director of Field Operations (DFO) will be responsible for building relationships to engage the team to align with key company initiatives and the execution of our company vision.
Critical Skills and Knowledge:
- 5 years of operating experience in multi-unit, consumer-facing businesses; retail, service, restaurant, and/or fitness industry field experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to drive measurable and sustainable results that exceed expectations.
- Collaborative and influential leadership.
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving.
- Individual and team development.
- Self-starter; operates with a high sense of urgency and initiative.
- Extremely effective communication skills across various levels of leadership.
- Commitment to excellence in execution, customer service, development of people, and integrity.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance benefits.
- 401k Retirement plan with a generous company match.
- FREE Black Card Planet Fitness Membership.
- A generous paid time off policy that is available on your start date and increases along with your tenure!
- Must be able to work/travel in Michigan and Ohio.
- Multi-unit experience required.
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Current CPR Certification required (or within 30 days of hire).
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 year of age or older.
- Great base pay aggressive bonus potential.
Planet Fitness, Inc. (NYSE:PLNT), has revolutionized the fitness industry! With more than 1,000 locations in 47 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada, Planet Fitness' mission is to enhance people's lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we call the Judgement Free Zone®.
We’re aggressively expanding and looking for talented individuals to help us conquer Gymtimidation® everywhere!
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.