Human Resource Generalist
Location: Livonia, MI
Type: Full Time
Are you looking for a great opportunity with a growing, world-class organization? Want to work in a friendly, judgement-free work environment?
PF Michigan Group is looking for a highly motivated and knowledgeable Human Resource Generalist to join our team. As one of the largest and fastest growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the U.S., Planet Fitness has secured the number one position on the Franchise Times "Fast & Serious" list, which ranks the smartest-growing franchise brands that have staying power.
This position, reporting to the Human Resource Director, will be responsible for effectively applying business knowledge and human resources expertise to assist in providing a wide range of HR support and administration.
The qualified individual will offer guidance on and assist with the execution of all HR functions, including, FMLA leave management, ADA management, workers compensation and unemployment claims management, employee relations, training, HR administration, investigations, and HR metrics. EOE
Critical Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-starter; operates with a high sense of urgency and initiative.
- Extremely effective communication skills across various levels of leadership.
- Commitment to excellence in execution of job duties, teamwork, and integrity.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance benefits.
- 401k Retirement plan with a generous company match.
- FREE Black Card Planet Fitness Membership.
- A generous paid time off policy that is available on your start date and increases along with your tenure!
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Must be able to work/travel in Michigan and Ohio.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 year of age or older.
Planet Fitness, Inc. (NYSE:PLNT), has revolutionized the fitness industry! With more than 1,000 locations in 47 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada, Planet Fitness' mission is to enhance people's lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we call the Judgement Free Zone®.
We’re aggressively expanding and looking for talented individuals to help us conquer Gymtimidation® everywhere!
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.