Member Services Representative
Location: Dover, DE
Type: Part Time
The Member Services Representative will be responsible for creating a positive member experience by providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests.
- o Customer Service/Front Desk Activities
- ▪ Greet members and guests, providing exceptional customer service and doing your best to make members feel comfortable and welcomed!
- ▪ Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- ▪ Utilize info call script at all times to callers that have never been to PF before.
- ▪ Check members in, tour and sign up new members, log amenities and communicate updates and events to members and guests.
- ▪ Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- ▪ Conduct beverage or merchandise purchases on the point of sale system.
- ▪ Explaining and promoting our unique fitness instruction classes (pe@pf) to our active members and our new members, helping them to keep their workouts new and exciting.
- ▪ Exceeding the minimum required daily statistics.
- ▪ Ability to assess and assist in emergency medical situations.
- ▪ Upholding rules and policies in the facility.
Customer service background preferred.
Basic computer proficiency.
A passion for fitness and health.
Upbeat and positive attitude!
Punctuality and reliability is a must.
Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Continual standing and walking during shift.
Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
Must be able to occassionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
- ▪ Utilize POS system to assist with new membership cards, change of address and billing or payment questions.
- ▪ Checking members into fitness classes daily using Datatrak systems.
- ▪ Creating new memberships and guest accounts for members.
- ▪ Uphold integrity and security with member documents and sensitive information at all times.
- o Club Cleanliness and Maintenance
- ▪ Go above and beyond to keep the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- ▪ Regular facility cleaning and upkeep such as mopping up spills under equipment, trash removal, cleaning windows and mirrors, and re-racking weights.
- ▪ Regular cleaning of all exercise equipment and tanning beds.
- ▪ Regular restroom and wet area cleaning and stocking.
- ▪ Completion of daily and weekly cleaning responsibilities.
- o Miscellaneous
- ▪ Maintain a minimum 70% Black Card acquisition. (Calculated on a monthly basis).
- ▪ Maintain a minimum of 55% secondary billing acquisition. (Calculated on a monthly basis).
- ▪ Stay up to date on new tasks and current job description and perform them in a timely manner.
- ▪ Track Key Performance Indicators such as guest counts, cancels, info calls and BC percentages.
- ▪ Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware of updates or changes.
- ▪ Assist with inventory counts.
- ▪ Uphold the positive, energetic, upbeat culture of Planet Fitness.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.