Equipment and Maintenance Technician
Location: Nashville, TN
Type: Full Time
The Equipment & Maintenance Technician will be responsible for general preventative maintenance and repair of buildings, systems and equipment for our clubs. This position will comply with all applicable codes and regulations as well as company directives related to building operations and work safety. This position will comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety. The position will report directly to the Director of Facilities and have close communication with the field team in this region to align scheduling, projects, and logistics to maximize efficiency for the facilities and maintenance needs for the clubs in the region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine maintenance and emergency repair on fitness equipment and keep a detailed record of all actions taken
- Keep all building systems such as electrical, heating, cooling, and plumbing up to code and running efficiently
- Oversee and inspect the work of outside contractors as necessary
- Maintain lighting systems throughout the facilities, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps.
- Order parts and materials as needed for equipment and facility repair and maintenance
- Performs carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed
- Maintains grounds of all facilities and properties as necessary, in compliance with agreements
- Communicate with club managers to clarify facilities and maintenance needs.
- Communicate Director of Facilities and the Regional Manager in the area regarding schedule, training, projects and growth plan.
- Other duties as assigned based on club need
- High School Diploma
- Technical training/license preferred in electrical, HVAC or plumbing
- Five years of experience repairing and maintaining equipment
- A friendly approachable style and experience working with people
- Basic carpentry, mechanical, plumbing and electrical experience
- Strong organization, communication, prioritization and leadership skills
- Self-motivated with solid decision making skills
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record and the ability to travel between facilities as needed.
- Continual standing, walking, bending, crouching, crawling and reaching
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs
- This job is subject to hazards and includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- This job also operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, fax machines.
Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Benefits
- Cybex & Life Fitness repair training
- A company car
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.