Location: Chula Vista, CA
Type: Full Time
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting in the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience as well as a financially successful club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and developing a high performing staff consisting of Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensuring staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Assist with Staff Management and provide backup support to Club Manager as needed.
- Assist in scheduling and supervising staff.
- Member service oversight - Ensuring staff is providing a superior customer experience at all times.
- Assist in resolving or escalating employee issues or concerns.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Assist in overseeing cleanliness and maintenance of facility.
- Assist in ordering of supplies using specific budget based on club requirements.
- Assist in tracking statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, and annually).
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Experience working as a Member Service Representative at Planet Fitness.
- Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 year of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occassionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.