JOIN OUR TEAM!
At One World Fitness LLC (Planet Fitness), our focus is always on doing the next right thing. This by making a positive impact in our communities to enhance people’s lives with an affordable, high-end fitness experience.” We Set the Tone” as such task requires a team of inspiring, motivated, competitive, and hardworking go-getters. As one of the fastest-growing franchises and operators of fitness centers in the United States, One World Fitness is just getting warmed up. Currently with 33 locations across the East/West Coast and expected to double the number within the next 3-4 years. We are continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future for the leadership of tomorrow.
Job Summary: The Assistant Manager will be responsible for (but not limited to)
The oversight of an assigned location, consistently driving revenue, up keeping cosmetic appearance, establishing team culture and their overall operations to ensure a world class member experience.
You will be accountable for mentoring/coaching a team of Member Services Representatives in a positive, motivating manner with continuous assistance in operational, sales, training, and future development sectors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in ensuring your club is fully staffed, trained, and cleared to operate from the Assistant Manager down to the Member Services Representatives
• Aid to create and establish a welcoming/non-intimidating/safe atmosphere for members, prospect members, guests, and staff by keeping superior customer guidelines consistent daily.
• Assist with Interview/Recruit top talent to elevate overall club’s performance and contribute to company’s growth creating assets for future Management openings.
• Assist with maintaining team/own effective member sign up, cancellation, billing updates, past due accounts, transfers, upgrades/downgrades, info call and tour processes daily.
• Communicate to General Manager equipment and cosmetic gym repairs in a timely manner.
• Keep self-consistent leading by example and demonstrating proficiency in all sectors of the job.
• Consistent submission and accuracy in documentation pertaining to club operations, members, and staff, directed to H.R./Regional Manager
• Keep self-up to date with any Planet Fitness Corporate training, Membership Promotions, and new policies.
• Assist with running daily reports to analyze club’s performance, identify any decline or room for improvement, and sales low performers.
• Invest time working with team to ensure their personal development in the organization; this includes coaching meeting/sessions, development plans, bench planning, keeping them accountable and retraining if necessary.
• Drive revenue through memberships, tanning lotions, and retail sales.
• Work cross functionally with the General Manager and Regional Manager to successfully apply all new updates, processes and OKR’s.
• Maximize member retention through ensuring high standards of customer experience and cleanliness, as well as education in utilization of all digital platforms, continual up keeping of exercise equipment and responsiveness to member needs and suggestions.
• Assist with keeping accurate inventory and not limited to submitting inventory when required.
• Work with your team/General Manager to ensure they are delivering the cleanest clubs for our members by following on tasks, operational performance and successfully passing your bi-weekly inspections by Regional Manager.
• Work with each MSR to ensure they are educated and actively coaching on policy, brand, and membership knowledge.
• Assist with addressing Listen360 daily member inquiries pertaining to club performance in a timely manner.
• Attend Company Weekly/Monthly meetings for updates/training.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• 1-2 years of successful unit management experience
• Driving top line revenue and the ability to hire train and build successful teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to utilize new techniques, ideas, and problem-solving skills.
• Handling Difficult Situations
• Possess honesty and personal integrity.
• Enthusiastic, energetic, and personable.
• Passionate and knowledgeable regarding the fitness industry.
• Ambitious and driven. Able to lead and inspire a wide group of individuals.
• Proven management experience
• Deep knowledge of all the club’s job descriptions, Fitness BI, Data Trak, Operations, the company’s brand, and business model.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills.
• Proficient Delegating
• Initiative and Innovative
• Attention to detail.
• Must be able to carry a minimum of 75lbs.
• Continual talking in person or on the phone.
• Daily report and emails to be reviewed, created, and implemented.
• Deep Cleaning
• Hourly Pay
• Monthly and Quarterly Performance based incentives
• Complimentary Planet Fitness Black Card
• Ongoing training/development
• Room for upward mobility in our fast growing franchise
If you would enjoy being part of a team first performance-based company than this is the place for you! We are seeking for an asset who enjoys new challenges and lets their ambition/hard work be a factor in overcoming these. We provide all the tools, but it is about how you use them to build your success.