Location: Salem, NH
Type: Full Time
The Payroll Associate is primarily responsible in assisting with the timely and accurate preparation and processing of weekly payroll for over 1,000 employees in the United States and Canada, working both independently and in a team environment under the direction of the Payroll Supervisor. This includes both salary and hourly with holdings for federal, state/provincial, and social insurance taxes, deductions for employee benefits garnishments, etc. This role is responsible for maintaining payroll records and the Workday payroll system.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Preparation and processing of payrolls
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes
- Process terminations and any manual checks in accordance with state regulated time frames
- Partner with HR to ensure setup of accurate payroll and benefit deductions and assist in processing changes to payroll information such as compensation changes, position changes, etc.
- Maintain appropriate payroll records in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Actively participate in payroll, worker’s compensation, 401k, and unemployment audits
- Respond to team and management inquiries in a timely manner
- Initiate investigations and owns any follow up needed
- Assist in finding and implementing process efficiencies
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and other job related duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
- 2 years of payroll experience
- Knowledge of processing payroll in payroll system platform; Workday preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
- Must be able to work a 40-hour work week, plus overtime as needed
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience in a high-growth organization a plus
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds and operates in a professional office environment using standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and arms to reach, handle or feel.
- This positions works in a professional office environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.