Under the direction of the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager, AGM, will be responsible for assisting in the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience as well as a financially successful club. The AGM position is a key member of our staff/team and is responsible for assisting the General Manager with daily club operations; ensuring “Raving Fans” service!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and developing a high performing staff consisting of Member Service Representatives, and Trainers.
- Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensuring staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Assist with Staff Management and provide backup support to General Manager as needed.
- Assist in scheduling and supervising staff.
- Member service oversight - Ensuring staff is providing a superior customer experience at all times.
- Assist in resolving or escalating employee issues or concerns.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Assist in overseeing cleanliness and maintenance of facility.
- Assist in ordering of supplies using specific budget based on club requirements.
- Assist in tracking statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, and annually).
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Other responsibilities as asked by management.
- A passion for fitness and health.
- Upbeat and positive attitude!
- Demonstrated relationship management and team oriented.
- Detail-oriented and high analytical thinking with proven ability to problem-solve.
- Punctuality and reliability are a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft office Suite).
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Satisfactory background check
Customer service background preferred
This position, under the guidance of the General Manager, manages and leads all employees of the location.
This job operates in a gym and in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. Occasionally will need to work with standard gym equipment, like weights, weight machines, treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals and other similar machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This job requires the employee to lift 75 pounds infrequently.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally encounter hazardous chemicals during their shift.
Position type and expected hours of work
This is a full-time hourly position. The AGM will primarily work mid shifts during the week (12p-8p or 2p10p) and 9a-5p on Saturdays. An AGM will need to be available and on-site as necessary on all shifts (AMs, PMs, Mids.) Monday through Sunday, including weekends and holidays. AGMs are required to clock in prior to their assigned start time and must clock out when they go off duty. Schedules are based on the needs of the business.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity:
Planet Fit Indy 10, LLC maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in all employment practices and decisions, ensuring equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical, or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. This applies to both Planet Fit Indy 10, LLC employees and applicants for employment with the Company. In keeping with this policy, Planet Fit Indy 10, LLC does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as all employment actions, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, promotions, compensation, training, benefits, and termination of employment.
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.