Accepting Resumes for Future Openings:
Location: West Berlin, NJ
Type: Full Time
Position: Overnight Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Understand and support store operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs and trains all duties of the Front Desk Associates and Fitness Instructor.
- Troubleshoots daily close out.
- Provides prompt, courteous customer service and professionally resolves customer issues.
- Conducts performance and disciplinary discussions in Club Manager’s absence.
- Assumes Store Manager responsibilities when needed.
- Assist the Club Manager with shift coverage in the event there are no other employees available to work.
- Develops employee work schedules.
- Ability to finalize, transmit, and process weekly time and attendance records and Payroll.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Club Manager.
- Assist in hiring of new club employees.
- Work with Club Manager to provide supervisory overnight of club employees.
- Greet/meet potential members and provide them with gym tour.
- Facilitate member service issues and questions.
- Ensure prompt opening/closing of gym.
- Oversee cleanliness and appearance of gym.
Ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift.
Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead up to 30 minutes a workday (i.e. assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels) with appropriate safety equipment.
Ability to occasionally bend at waist with some twisting up to one hour of workday.
At least 3 years Face to Face retail customer service experience normally gained from Hotel Front Desk, or Waiter/Waitress experience.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel)
High School Diploma or equivalent required
An associate degree preferred.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.