Member Services Representative Full Time
Location: Edwardsville , IL
Type: Full Time
PLANET FITNESS IN EDWARDSVILLE IS NOW HIRING!
Currently hiring for ALL SHIFTS! Full-time, Part-time, Overnight - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts all available
If you are looking for an entry-level position with the potential to move up quickly, you have found your opportunity! We are looking for individuals with an interest in management within the health and fitness industry. We want someone with ENERGY, INITIATIVE, DRIVE, and PASSION to join our high-energy team.
This position is entry-level and starts at $8.50/hr, however movement up the ladder has the potential to happen quickly if we find the right individual. What is great about this company? We promote from within! We are new to the St. Louis market and have plans to open many facilities within the next 2-5 years. What does that mean for you? We need LEADERS that we can teach and mold into successful managers! Specifically, we need HARDWORKING, DRIVEN individuals to join our team.
Must be a quick learner with the ability to multi-task. Must be self motivated and willing to go above and beyond. He/she must be dedicated to their position and possess the desire to do whatever it takes. We function as a team so you must be comfortable working with others. Excellent communication skills are a must. No previous sales experience required.
If you want to start entry level with a company, work your way up, and START A CAREER, please reply directly to this ad! Specify which shift you are interested in.
The Member Services Representative will be responsible for creating a positive member experience by providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet members, prospective members and guests, providing exceptional customer service.
- Handle all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate needed updates to member’s accounts.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club.
- Must have current CPR/AED certification.
- Customer service background preferred.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- A passion for fitness and health.
- Upbeat and positive attitude!
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occassionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.